Monday, February 8, 2021

Music Marketing Project #2

        This project was very fun and interesting overall. Since the start I realized it would contain a lot of creativity and work but I was still excited to see what would come with this project. The research was one of the very first things we did and it was really interesting because we got to know other artists and bands like "Daughter", they had their own unique ways of marketing their band which gave us ideas for our own project. Looking at all of the case studies we did on the different artists we came up with our own and we knew what we were going to do since we had the knowledge of what other artists did too. 

         When we got to the brainstorming and planning of the project thats where the fun and the conflicts came to the table. We had to be creative and find ways to make our artists as unique as possible and it was kind of difficult since my teammates and I didn't agree in everything, this was good because we wanted the best thing for our project. After we came up with what we were going to do we had to plan our video. The storyboard helped us visualize what we wanted our video to look like. While recording we made some changes that we thought would be better for our video and filming was pretty fun. I didn't realize how much artists have to plan their videos for them to come out good. 

        Filming was fun but also stressing since some of the scenes weren't coming out as we wanted them to, at the end we figured out ways to make our video better and it was successful. Editing the project wasn't my part but I did notice the differences from the original scenes we had film and the video itself. It was really interesting seeing how our video came out because putting all the scenes together really made me realize what we were creating. The day of presenting came and I was honestly kind of nervous, we started off well but I felt that we were missing some more information in our slides that we hand't noticed we needed. Overall I think that our presentation gave out a good idea and it showed our artists and brand well. 

        This project taught me how important it is to keep yourself organized. For example, we had to plan out the days we were recording, the days we were working on the presentation and when we would edit our video. Planning was something that played a big role in this project since we all had to put effort into our artist. Also, this project made me realize how important team work is in team projects. It is important that all team members put an equal amount of effort into the project for it to be successful. Some aspects that I think will be helpful when developing my Cambridge portfolio are: organization, creativity and effort. These are all valuable components needed to be successful in assignments and in life.          

No comments:

Post a Comment