Thursday, February 25, 2021

Research #2

    Sound is going to be a huge part of our project. Majority of our production is going to be based in sounds. Sounds are really important for creating an atmosphere for the film. This and many reasons more are why I decided to talk about why sounds are important in this blog post. 

    Sounds aren't just door openings or music, sounds are what makes the whole movie. It can vary from a pencil writing in a piece of paper to a song being part of the movie. In thriller films sounds are mainly used to create a sense of tension and suspense, this can get the audience to feel scared or frightened. Sounds can help create the feelings that the director is trying to convey through the movie. Music is used to create or build up a climax when the scary part of the film is coming up. Sound can impact the viewing process. There's everyday sounds that these films use like water running, alarm clocks, and text messages, these sounds just connect the viewers to the film cause these are sounds that we're all used to. There's many different types of sounds and some examples of these are synchronous sounds, and asynchronous sounds, these are sounds that are used in almost every film. We probably don't realize but sounds are what drives a film which is why we need to pay attention to the sounds we're going to use in our film. 

    We will have to make a lot of foley sounds that will be part of our film opening and I was talking to my teammates about some music that we could use for our opening and that we need to email the artist for permission. We came to the conclusion that we would need to get together in a safe way to create some of these foley sounds and to start the process of creating our film. My teammates and I will need to look at examples of sounds we will use for our thriller film so we can create them. 

    I'm leaving a video that shows diegetic and non-diegetic sounds that I found really interesting and I think you guys should watch it to learn more about it. 


    I liked this video as an example because it shows what my teammates and I are going to have to do. We will have to use diegetic and non-diegetic sounds in our film. I thought it would be good to talk about sounds in this blog post because sound is going to be an essential factor for our film. My teammates and I decided that we will working on our foley sounds really soon. I will be explaining more about the process of our sounds and what we will be creating so keep checking here and you guys will find out. Hope you guys liked it! 

    Keep checking up to see the next posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment