Monday, March 22, 2021

Music!

    Hey guys! Hope everyone is having an amazing spring break. In today's blog post I will be talking about the music we will be using in our project and what we did to get to our final music decision. First of all I want to tell you guys that finding music for films ins't that easy so appreciate the ones you hear in your favorite films, they worked hard! 

    To start, the beginning of our music selection was kind of difficult, due to the fact that we were thinking of emailing an artist to ask for their music rights. After days thinking if we should or shouldn't write the email or ask for permission, we realized that we would need to ask more than one artist for permission since we would be using more than one song. We realized that it would be more difficult than we thought. During my group meeting with some friends in class, ideas were shared and I asked for help with some music websites recommendations. Some of my classmates helped guide me towards were I should start looking and they recommended using websites that had music that could be used without asking the artist for permission. My teammates and I looked into it and we found so many songs that were amazing that now the problem was choosing which one would be the best for our opening film. After a couple of days we choose which one would be the perfect match for our project. 


    Here are our 3 main songs. We will be using all 3 through our opening film to establish different feelings. 

    The first song showed in the screenshot will be played at the very beginning, while Maya gets ready to go see Lucy, it will play while she gets ready. I feel like this song can transmit a really productive feeling. When I listen to this song I want to get up and do something, which is what we want our audience to feel. 

    The second song showed in the screenshot will be played at the very end of our film opening, when Lucy disappears. I feel like this song says suspense in some ways, it gives out that feeling which is why I think it would be perfect for our opening. 

    Last but not least, the last song showed in the screenshot will be played at the moment where Maya starts to run and she plus her headphones in. This song will make the audience feel that as Maya runs she's getting into her own world, away from reality. 

    I hope you guys liked the songs. I'm really excited to show you guys the outcome as soon as it's done. Stay tuned to find out more about our film! 

No comments:

Post a Comment